Monday 25 June 2012

The birth of Bluey's

From a germ of an idea back in January, Bluey and I have made our dream a reality - opening an Aussie-themed bar in Alfreton.  It's been a lot of hard work, but we have had so much support from family, friends and locals, it has really helped us to carry on.  When we opened our doors, we had a very clear vision of what we wanted to be: and we decided that we wanted to be different.  Not radically odd, but just a twist.  So we decided to take advantage of Bluey's 25 years of living in Australia, and the fact that I am Australian (although I might not always sound like I am!!) and offer just a little bit of Aus to the Amber Valley.  And, in the most part, it has been well received!  We did veer off our path a little and cave in to popular demand for a Sunday Roast, but we have now decided to return to our original ethos, and all I can say at this stage, is WATCH THIS SPACE!  We have new plans that we are putting into place as I type, and to quote Big Kev, "I'm excited!"  And, as a little hint to what's around the corner, I would like to point you to two of  Amber Valley Info's blog entries regarding Bluey's: the before and after as it were.  I am sure you will forgive me when I say I am looking forward to many more reviews such as this.  For now, though, in my best Aussie drawl: "See ya later mates!"

No comments:

Post a Comment